PEMF therapy, short for Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy, is a non-invasive treatment that uses electromagnetic fields to promote healing, reduce inflammation, and improve bodily functions. FEMF therapy exposes the body to pulsating electromagnetic fields of various strengths and frequencies, to restore the electrical balance of cells, which can become disrupted due to injury or illness.
At Fitness Genome, we use PEMF therapy to help clients from all over San Diego County improve their well-being, treat injury, and improve their quality of life.
What Conditions can PEMF Therapy Treat?
PEMF therapy works by emitting pulsed electromagnetic fields through the body, stimulating cellular repair and promoting various healing processes by enhancing the cells’ natural energy production. By restoring natural frequencies to the body’s cells, PEMF therapy can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Pain Management: Effective in reducing pain from various sources, including chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and post-surgical pain.
- Bone Fractures and Osteoporosis: Accelerates bone healing and increases bone density, making it useful for treating fractures and conditions like osteoporosis.
- Sports Injuries: Aids in the recovery of sprains, strains, and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Arthritis: Reduces inflammation and pain associated with arthritis, improving joint function and quality of life.
- Inflammation Reduction: By reducing inflammation, PEMF therapy can help manage conditions where inflammation is a key issue, such as tendinitis
- Wound Healing: Accelerates the healing process of wounds by promoting tissue regeneration.
- Migraines and Headaches: Can reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines and tension headaches.
- Circulation: Enhances blood circulation, improving oxygenation and nutrient delivery to tissue
- Neurological Disorders: Shows promise in improving symptoms of neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
- Depression and Anxiety: Some studies suggest PEMF can improve mood, addressing symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Sleep Disorders: Improves sleep quality by influencing the production of melatonin and the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
- Diabetic Neuropathy: Helps in managing symptoms of diabetic neuropathy, including pain and sensitivity.
- Immune System Enhancement: By improving cellular function, PEMF therapy can potentially enhance the immune system’s effectiveness
While PEMF can significantly improve these and other conditions, it is often used in association with other treatments such as hyperbaric chamber treatment, StemWave, and other therapies. Together, they can promote powerful healing in a natural, non-invasive way.
What Does PEMF Therapy Feel Like?
During a PEMF therapy session, patients typically experience a gentle, relaxing sensation. Most people do not feel the electromagnetic fields themselves, as they are not sensed by the body in the same way as touch or temperature. However, some may feel a slight tingling or warmth in the area being treated, which is generally due to increased blood flow and circulation prompted by the therapy. The experience is often described as non-invasive and painless, with many individuals finding the session to be a calming and restorative time. Some people may not feel anything at all during the treatment but still benefit from the therapeutic effects of PEMF. Overall, the sensation of PEMF therapy can vary from person to person, but it is designed to be a comfortable and soothing experience.
How Long Do Sessions Last?
A typical PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) therapy session can vary in duration based on the condition being treated, the specific device being used, and the individual’s response to therapy. Generally, sessions can last anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes. Some conditions might benefit from shorter, more frequent sessions, while others may require longer sessions less frequently.
Chronic conditions or more severe injuries may necessitate PEMF therapy once or twice a day. For maintenance or general wellness, sessions might be less frequent, such as a few times a week. At Fitness Genome, our PEMF specialists can recommend a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and health goals.
At Fitness Genome We Utilize PulseCenter PEMF
PulseCenter PEMF is the most advanced PEMF you’ll ever ‘feel’. And feel is right since the PulseCenter delivers power you feel re-energizing your body in spots that need it the most.
One way to describe it is to think of walking barefoot on the beach soaking up negative ions/energy from the beach also known as earthing or grounding – The Pulse is earthing on steroids so to speak. It provides ‘free ’ energy to your body. If your brain senses a lack of energy it can shift energy from ‘less important’ functions in order to fuel what it considers more important. This could leave you leaking energy from functions you consider vital day to day. The Pulse can energize parts of your body suffering from inflammation or functions that have been less than stellar.
Through the research of Dr. Jerry Tenant, we know that our cells need a -20 to -25 millivolt charge to run efficiently. However, as a result of age, injury, stress, and whole host of other factors we can lose charge tending toward a positive charge which is inflammatory, acidic and anaerobic. And it’s been estimated that we need as high as a -50 millivolt charge to repair tissue. The Pulse gives you the energy source your body can use to optimize all cellular functions. Benefits include:
- Mitigate pain
- Stimulate immune support
- Improve performance
- Enhance brain function and focus
- Enhance sleep
- Maximize bone and joint health
If you are dealing with any of the above issues, or just want to learn how PEMF treatment can improve your health and wellness, call Fitness Genome to book your MAP Session and try PEMF today.