The lymphatic system plays a crucial role in the body’s immune function and waste removal processes. It helps to transport lymph, a fluid containing white blood cells and waste products, back into the bloodstream from tissues throughout the body.
At Fitness Genome, we employ lymphatic massage treatment to support this system, promoting the removal of toxins and reducing swelling by enhancing the flow of lymph. Lymphatic massage is a gentle massage technique designed to stimulate the movement of lymph fluid through the lymphatic system.
Enjoy what feels like 3 people massaging you at once. Our lymphatic massager delivers a unique, relaxing massage directed toward your lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes enhancing lymph circulation and drainage.
How Lymphatic Massage Works
The technique involves light, rhythmic strokes that mimic the natural direction of lymph flow in the body. This method helps to manually move the lymph fluid to areas where the lymphatic system can more effectively process and remove the fluid, especially targeting areas with lymph nodes such as the armpits, neck, and groin.
Lymphatic massage is used in various contexts, including:
- Post-operative recovery, to reduce swelling and improve healing.
- Lymphedema management, particularly after cancer treatments that involve lymph node removal.
- General wellness, to support detoxification, relaxation, and immune function.
Different programs promote different outcomes that meet your goals. Peristaltic pressure is used on lymph nodes and peripheral veins facilitate the elimination of toxins and supply of fresher oxygen circulation throughout the body including the skin promoting greater skin tone and firmer appearance.
- Detox with increased lymphatic circulation to remove waste and toxins from bodily tissues.
- Relieve “heavy legs” accelerating recovery from exercise.
- Prevent and help eliminate varicose veins.
- Strengthen skin.
- Slim and help prevent cellulite formation.
- Promote healing by accelerating the removal of waste and decreasing inflammation.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction, the soothing nature of the massage can help reduce stress and promote relaxation
- Boost Immune Function, enhancing its flow can help in improving the body’s natural defenses
How Long is a Lymphatic Massage Session?
The duration of lymphatic massage sessions can vary depending on the specific need of the individual, the area of the body being treated, and the goals of the therapy. Typically, a session of lymphatic drainage massage can last from about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Some factors influencing the length of a session include:
- The extent of lymphedema or swelling: More extensive or severe cases may require longer sessions to effectively stimulate lymph flow throughout the affected areas.
- Treatment goals: Whether the massage is for general wellness, detoxification, or the management of a specific condition like lymphedema or post-surgical recovery, goals can impact session length.
- Area of focus: Treatment can be localized (focusing on a specific area, such as an arm or leg) or more generalized (covering a larger portion of the body), which will affect the duration.
Learn How Lymphatic Massage Can Improve Your Health
Lymphatic massage can be a powerful part of your health and wellness regimen. To find out how it can help you call or stop by Fitness Genome today to book your MAP Session and try our Lymphatic Massager today.